Website Code of Conduct
We want all visitors to our websites to have a safe, interesting and friendly experience. Accordingly, all users of our
sites and any contributions they make to the sites must comply with this Code of Conduct. Your use of our website
means that you accept and agree to abide by this Code of Conduct, which supplements and forms part of the
access by clicking on the link at the bottom of our website in the “Legal Area” section).
If you reasonably believe that any contribution to our BUCKSCAPITAL Platform made by another user contravenes
this Code of Conduct and/or any of the Website Terms, please notify us by contacting us via email on
Within this Code of Conduct, “contribution” means any material posted or uploaded to our websites by a member
of the public, including without limitation any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio material.
In order to ensure our Code of Conduct is met, your contribution:
- Must not infringe anyone else’s rights, including copyright. Your contributions must not plagiarize or infringe the rights of any other person including any copyright, database, trade mark, trade secret, privacy and publicity, personal or proprietary rights of any kind. Therefore with regard to existing articles, news reports, music, video clips or other copyright material you will generally need the explicit permission of the relevant copyright owners.
- Must not contain unlawful or objectionable content nor involve disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour. Please be respectful and civil to other members, even if you disagree with them. Material that is unlawful, harassing, threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive, abusive, hateful, inflammatory, profane, racially, sexually or religiously offensive or otherwise objectionable or unlawful is not acceptable.
- Must not contain unsuitable or irrelevant website addresses or URLs. Links to pornography, commercial or other inappropriate content may be deleted.
- Must not promote illegal or anti-social behaviour. Contributions must not contain violent or sexually explicit material or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only), copyright infringement or computer misuse. Or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Must not misrepresent their origins. Contributions and/or user names may not be used to impersonate any other person, to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or to give the impression that they emanate from us, if that is not the case.
- Must not be in any language other than. Contributions in other languages may be removed.
- Must not involve any flooding, spamming or advertising. Flooding is when the same comment is posted over and over in the same forum; spamming is the posting of the same comment (or very similar) to more than one forum. All advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, junk mail and any other forms of commercial solicitation are prohibited.
- Must not disclose any personal information. Contributions to this website are publicly available and can be viewed by others with whom you may not wish to share such information. Do not include any personal or personally identifiable information about you or others (including your own or anyone else’s email address).
USER CONTENT: FORUM AND COMMENTS, QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS POSTING
In relation to any forum, please note that when the first post in a thread is deleted, all of its subsequent replies may also be automatically deleted. This means that some of your posts may be deleted because they were placed in response to a post that contravened the Code of Conduct. Keeping your post within these rules will not only ensure that your posts are not removed from the forums, but also that the posts of others will remain.
Without limiting the foregoing, where you are a consumer or user of our Platform and are posting a submission (whether in the form of reviews, ratings, question answer or otherwise) (“User Content”), you agree (in addition to restrictions specified elsewhere in these Rules) not to post, upload, transmit, distribute, publish or otherwise provide any User Content which:
- Is unrelated to the topic of the relevant interactive area the subject of the User Content.
- Restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying our platform.
- Forges information to disguise or impersonate the origin of any User Content or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Encourages or incites any other person to engage in any of the above behaviour.
In order to ensure a safe and stable environment we may also restrict the uploading of Funding Proposals that may be likely to harass, upset, embarrass or offend the users on the site. This may include, but is not limited to Funding Proposals of businesses who derive their income from Gambling, Smoking, Alcohol, Pornography, Weapons.
BREACH OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT
It will be our sole decision as to whether there has been a breach of this Code of Conduct. We have the right (but not the obligation) to edit, refuse to post, or to remove any contribution in whole or in part that we deem to be in breach of the Code of Conduct. Where we believe there is a breach of the Code of Conduct, we may take whatever action we feel is appropriate in the circumstances.
The BUCKSCAPITAL platform is moderated and will be checked by us for compliance with these Rules of Code of Conduct. Although the Platform is moderated, we are under no obligation to you or any other person to oversee, monitor, screen, edit or moderate the Platform, User Content, or any other service we provide on our site and we may stop moderating the Platform at any time.
ACTION IN RESPECT OF BREACH
Failure to comply with this Code of Conduct constitutes a material breach of the Website Terms, which could result in us taking any of the following actions:
- issuing a warning to you;
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of any contribution or of your right to use our websites, including deletion of any personal profile;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all losses and costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach and/or further legal action against you; and/or
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities or other relevant third parties as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Code of Conduct. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate
RIGHT TO USE USER CONTENT
In relation to User Content, you grant us and our affiliates a royalty-free, perpetual, transferable right to use, communicate, deliver, host, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display, throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised, any name and details contained within User Content, or otherwise submitted in connection with such User Content. You agree that User Content is non-confidential and non-proprietary. You also agree to waive any moral rights or similar rights you may have or may acquire in the future in that User Content in our favour. You are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any User Content you post or store on our site at your sole cost and expense.
CHANGES TO THESE RULES
We may revise these Rules at any time. You are expected to check these Rules from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.